Re: [RFT] Intel 3945abg wireless driver (wpi)

From: Frank Staals <frankstaals_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 20:16:43 +0100
Benjamin Close wrote:
> Howdy All,           I'm pleased to announce the first 'official'
> experimental version of the wpi wireless driver and hence require your
> help in making it become stable.
> Expect a few things not to work (ie bg scanning, setting txpower) but
> in general the driver should be usable in station mode (hostap is not
> yet supported).
>
> If you've got an Intel 3945abg wireless card, grab the tarball at:
>

> http://people.freebsd.org/~benjsc/downloads/wpi/20071102-freebsd-wpi.tar.gz
>

> Untar and follow the instructions in the README.
> If you want more info about the driver, or to checkout the FAQ checkout:
>
>    http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi
>
> I'm interested in all reports related to panics, things not working as
> expected, etc.
> The driver still has debug enabled so expect a few messages to be
> dumped to the screen whilst in use.
>
> Finally, many thanks to all those that have been helping debug the
> driver along the way.
>
> Cheers,
>    Benjamin

Woei ! It's working for me so far :) Allthough I still have issues when
switching from one tty to one other. Here the output of the script I am
using to do the connecting :

loaded the module at boot

ran my script which does: ( output snipped )

        wlannic=wpi0

        # clear the selected gateway:
        route flush

        # Set the interface
        ifconfig ${wlannic} 192.168.5.5 ssid <SSID>

        # Set a new gateway
        route add default 192.168.5.1

        # make sure to give the LAN-NIC an other IP-address
        ifconfig ${lannic} 192.168.200.2

        ifconfig ${wlannic} up

        # test connection
        ping -c 1 192.168.5.1

        # start a screen session with ssh connection  for authentication
        screen -d -m ssh -l wifi 192.168.5.1

        # wait a while before testing the connection
        sleep 3

        # test conn:
       ping -c 1 google.nl

Everything works fine with the connection itself. Allthough sometimes
when switching from tty9 to tty0 and back the system locks up. I've had
it before when switching  from tty1 to tty0. Anyone with the same
problems ?

Anyway; Great work on the driver so far :D

--
-Frank Staals