sata atapi on ich9r

From: samira <samira.nox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:52:06 +0100
hi

I have some problem using sata atapi devices on my gigabyte p35-ds4.
The controller is in ahci mode. There are two kinds of dvd-devices
  1). DVDROM <ASUS DVD-E616A3T/1.11>
  2). DVDR <Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170S/1.00>
System is a 7.0-BETA2.

If I have "atapicam" in the kernel, the system freezes at boot, well
not exactly freezing, but giving
  acd0: FAILURE - INQURY timed out
  acd0: FAILURE - INQURY timed out
over and over, where acd0 is one of the asus dvd drives.

Removing atapicam from kernel does help. I can boot, provided there
are no cds/dvds in the drives.

But trying to play a dvd fails with
  acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout -
completing request directly
  acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout -
completing request directly
  acd0: FAILURE - SEND_KEY timed out
  acd0: FAILURE - MODE_SENSE_BIG timed out
no matter, if I try on optiarc/asus.

I can mount data cds. But the system freezes for about one minute
when doing so.

sam