Re: FreeBSD-6.2, 7.0-BETA1 boot on Lenovo X60

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 12:31:19 -0500
Balgansuren Batsukh wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Last few days I try to boot FreeBSD-6.2, 7.0-BETA1 boot CD using USB
> CDROM drive on Lenovo X60.
>
> It give kind of assembler code non-stop flow over screen.
>
> Can't boot system and some times give BTX halted message after CPU
> register code ES=....,....
>
> Is there any way to boot/install FreeBSD-6.2/7.0-BETA on X60?
>
> Regards,
> Balgaa

I have had difficulty installing BSD on at least one Thinkpad model..

;-)

But before you do anything else, can you check to be sure the USB CD drive you
are using is getting enough power?

If it does not have a 'wall wart' it may at least need power from a second
USB-to-DC cord attached to a *separate* machine.

Yah - this is one of those 'should not be a problem..' issues, but it has been one.

HTH,

Bill