Re: FreeBSD-6.2, 7.0-BETA1 boot on Lenovo X60

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:34:15 +0100
Balgansuren Batsukh wrote:
> Last few days I try to boot FreeBSD-6.2, 7.0-BETA1 boot CD using USB
> CDROM drive on Lenovo X60.
>
> It give kind of assembler code non-stop flow over screen.

This is a well-known issue with the USB support of some BIOSes (these
days, actually most of them).  The BIOS uses protected mode, while BTX
also does, and this clashes.

You'll need to wire up an IDE or SATA optical drive, or fiddle with PXE
to get FreeBSD installed.  On my X41, which is the predecessor to your
X60, I installed OpenBSD instead... :)