Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:01:22 -0500
sam wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:24:37 +0100, 韓家標 Bill Hacker
> <askbill_at_conducive.net> wrote:
>

>> On either a GA G33-DS3R or Asus P5K, there has been no difficulty with
>> what it sees as a "CD-948E/TKU/T4B" on acd0.
> Is this an IDE or SATA drive?
>

> sam

IDE & ancient.

Grant - SATA has to be better sorted than it is now, but the suggestion to try
(an)other CD/DVD drive(s) holds, as much for pinning down the fault as fixing it.

Dfferent place must be looked at if it faults with PATA as well as SATA, or only
with one not the other.

JFWIW, I've also run 2.5" and 3.5" PATA HDD and 2.5: and 3.5" SATA HDD with 3
different makes of PATA-SATA PCB adaptors on that same IDE channel here.

Only hassle when I had both the HDD and CD jumpered as 'master' or a WD HDD not
jumpered as master-with-slave-present.

Ergo I still think it is specific to your hardware, ELSE it would be a far more
commonly reported issue already. Note that MOST such posts have had to do with
HDD or arrays of same, not nearly as many about CD / DVD.

Bill