Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

From: Aryeh M. Friedman <aryeh.friedman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:16:00 -0500

> Presuming a good cable, this looks very much like a hardware (and its
> onboard firmware) issue from where I sit.

Suprising the urge to hurl my keyboard across the room at people's lack
of research (it is not just you bill so take no personal offense):

1. (I will dig the refs up in a few mins) this has been reported on
multiple drives and ihc9  based controllers.  So it is *NOT* a HW
issue... see the wiki.

2. The only difference between different hardware is the implications of
sw issues... for example I get timeouts but no infinite cycle when
booting from cd

--
Aryeh M. Friedman
Developer, not business, friendly