Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Wiki for discussing P35/IHC9(R)/SATA issues set up

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:25:22 +0200
On 2007-11-06 03:11, "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > That's the way a lot of FreeBSD developers work.  It may look
> > 'flawed' and 'wrong', but there are probably a fair number of
> > reasons why this is their preferred 'mode of operation'.  For
> > example, they may not have web access at all times.  An email
> > with a lot of useful information in the form of a logfile is
> > available when 'offline' too.  A wiki is not.
> >
> > I'm not saying that you shouldn't use your favorite means of
> > collecting information from these threads (i.e. the wiki),
> > but it is important to realize that it's *not* easier or more
> > useful than the mailing lists; what is *can* be is another
> > source of information, a complementary resource :)
>
> Now we are going in circles... one of the very first replies in this
> thread I said just that! (well at least the wiki was for record
> keeping only but the list was the discussion location)

I only mentioned why the mailing list should be where all discussion
takes place because you seem to be pushing so hard about 'the wiki'
(as in 'mentioning every couple of posts or so').

That's fine.

But you should really consider stopping the 'whining about the wiki',
and keep working with Xin Li, who has patiently kept going even after
comments like:

    ``Now do you see why we need a wiki?''

I personally don't.  The patronising tone of similar comments is
something which risks alienating you from Xin Li, or any other
developers who are willing to help.  Please don't do that :)

PS: Your mailer seems to be stripping off attribution lines, which makes
it a bit hard to follow deeply nested quotes.  Can you please check to
see if there's an option to fix that?