Re: BIND: 7.0 Beta 3 - sh make-localhost not working

From: Gelsema, P \(Patrick\) - FreeBSD <"Gelsema,>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:49:59 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, November 24, 2007 04:48, Doug Barton wrote:
> Gelsema, P (Patrick) - FreeBSD wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I follow the instructions in the handbook
>
> Can you give me the URL please? I need to update that, thanks for the
> reminder.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-dns.html

Section 27.6.6.1 Using make-localhost

>> for setting up the BIND server
>
> Assuming that you are running 7-prerelease or 8-current you don't need
> to do anything to set up a working local resolver. All you need to do
> is to put named_enable=yes in /etc/rc.conf[.local] and fire it up.

Running 7 Beta 3 and added the named_enable=yes to rc.conf. Bind is
running, listening and resolving. Only have to create the zones file for
my own domain.

Is there any zones webconfiguration tool you would suggest to use to
manage DNS zones?

Thanks

Patrick