Re: bypassing certain cvs commits

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:30:22 -0700
Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
>> Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 09:25:05AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>>> As per my detailed comments to Jason
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-November/084307.html
>>> is broken but I want to update everything else how do I by pass the
>>> ref'ed commit?
>> Grab the diff and revert if by hand after CVSup?  May require some
>> manual merging, but it will require merge in any case if later
>> commits go to the top of the changes you want to revert.
> I am using a local repo

Then use CVS to check out the exact rev of those files that you want.
That'll make the rev be sticky in your tree, so it won't change the next
time you update.  Note that I would consider it rather rude and
condescending to instruct a senior developer like Jason on how to do
backouts instead of giving him help in identifying and maybe fixing the
problems.

Scott