Re: idea bouncing: using cvs as a replacement for mergemaster

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:57:32 +0200
On 2007-11-27 22:45, "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking seeing the fact that I already have a cvs repo of
> - -current does it make sense to just use CVS to update /etc instead of
> mergemaster... if so any ideas on doing it cleanly?

It may work, but it doesn't ``scale'' to dozens of machines, and you
still have to do merging when upstream files (the ones in the FreeBSD
repository) change.  It's not particularly hard to merge with CVS, if
you consider the src/etc files of FreeBSD a ``vendor branch'', but it's
not exactly a fun ride either.