Intel G33 graphics chipset and Xorg 7.3

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_fusiongol.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:04:11 +0900
Just wanted to post a quick message to say that Xorg7.3 is now working
again on my Gigabyte GA-G33-D3SR motherboard, but only when using the
Xorg VESA driver.

The latest Xorg 7.3 intel video driver actually supports the G33
chipset, however the FreeBSD kernel isn't yet trained to recognise the
G33, and instead labels the video as "VGA-compatible" in dmesg.

As it stands, if Xorg is configured to use the intel driver with the
G33, it crashes out because Xorg looks for an agpgart device for the
chipset - which doesn't exist. "VGA-compatible" devices usually start
life out as vgapci0, and since this is what CURRENT detects the G33 as,
I can't make use of the Xorg intel driver G33 support.