Re: SCHED_ULE on desktop system

From: David E. Thiel <lx_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:51:59 -0700
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 08:54:54PM +0200, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> I use nvidia or nv driver (nvidia one is a bit less worse).  The lag can
> even appears with 4% of CPU usage according to top(1).
> Thanks to your remarks and my tests, I'm now sure it's scheduler
> independent.  It seems 7-CURRENT is slower than 6.X regarding I/O :(
> For info the box is a 1.2GHz Athlon with 1GB of RAM and swap is never
> used.

This may sound like a silly question, but what terminal emulator are you
using? I found that xfce's Terminal gave me awful performance, taking a
really long time to redraw, but xterm and roxterm sped things up a lot. I
think for me part of this is related to the nvidia driver breakage with
the new Xorg. Can you see if you can duplicate that behavior with xterm?