Re: Need motherboard for home fileserver

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:00:34 -0400
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:42:46PM +0400, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> Requirements:
> - 4 SATA II channels
> - Gigabit ethernet
> - Decent sound (it'll also work as media player)
> - Dualcore CPU support
> - Onboard video (machine is planned to be headless, so I don't want to
>   bother with PCI or whatever video card)

Hi,

I have had good luck with the ASUS M2N32-SLI motherboard which is based
on the nVidia nForce 590 SLI chipset:
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1163&l1=3&l2=101&l3=0

- SiI 3132 SATA300 controller
- NVIDIA nForce MCP55 Networking Adapter onboard ethernet
  (works only with nfe driver in CURRENT, not with nve driver)
- NVidia MCP55 High Definition Audio Controller (works with snd_hda driver)
- supports dual core AMD processors

The only issue, compared to your list, is that there is no onboard video.
There is also an onboard wireless NIC, but no driver for that currently
under FreeBSD.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org