Re: patch: change in acpi taskq behavior

From: Jung-uk Kim <jkim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 11:38:26 -0400
On Sunday 30 September 2007 04:10 pm, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Attached is a patch (one for 6, one for 7) that shouldn't break
> anything for most people and may fix some battery status issues for
> others.  It changes how we run tasks during boot.  It seems some
> hardware expects synchronous access but our taskq is not running
> until after interrupts are enabled.  This patch bounces calls
> through a wrapper that executes the callback directly if we're not
> booted yet.

Sorry, I didn't test it but I have some questions.  Why do you add a
wrapper and pollute all AcpiOsQueueForExecution()/AcpiOsExecute()
consumers?  Isn't it more simpler to let the function determine to
queue or not to queue?  Why do you check cold and rebooting flags?
If you wanted to check the taskqueue is ready, you could check
taskqueue_acpi is NULL or not, instead.

Thanks,

Jung-uk Kim