GJournal

From: Philip Murray <pmurray_at_nevada.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:16:56 +1300
Hi,

I've got a 3TB volume that I really really want to avoid fscks on
(they're taking 4-5hours on an exist 1.5TB volume) so Gjournal is
looking good.

Is it possible to make it only journal meta-data? Instead of data and
meta-data (ie, like XFS, ext3 by default etc), it seems like you'd
take less of a performance hit due to not having to write all the
data twice.

But I understand in this case after a crash you could end up with
empty files? (Due to the metadata being consistent but the data not?
I've seen this happen with XFS before...)

(I have tried ZFS, but just had two kmem too small panics after 5
minutes... this is on an amd64 machine with 8GB of RAM)

Cheers

Phil