Suspeded (tty output) on perl system on 7-current

From: Artem Kuchin <matrix_at_itlegion.ru>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 00:07:22 +0400
I am having a problem which might not be related to current, but i do not
have it on any of the 6-stable boxes.

So, there is a very simple perl script.

#!/usr/bin/perl

$com="/usr/bin/su hordelo_ru -c '/usr/local/sbin/httpd -f /hosts/CONFS/horosheedelo.ru -k graceful-stop'";
system($com);
print "done!\n";

It work find on 6-stable. RUns httpd and prints done!
Howeverm on 7-current (amd64) it does  the following:

horus# ./a.pl
httpd (no pid file) not running

Suspended (tty output)

if i do 'fg' it continues and finishes fine.
I am lost here, maybe someone could tell why is it suspended
and how to overcome this problem? My administrative
script suddenly all stoped working because of this. tough!

Thank you!
--
Regards,
Artem