Re: ZFS kmem_map too small.

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 12:46:00 +0200
Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> What I did was to rsync 200 FreeBSD src trees from one directory to
> another on the same ZFS file system. It worked fine.

It looks like most problems (including mine I sent you before) are when
rsync (and possibly NFS?) are run over the network. How much kernel
memory does a heavily loaded network stack (multiple parallel
connections & TCP streams) consume? Just for the TCP send & receive
buffers I'd guess at least something like 128K*number_of_connections.