Re: ZFS kmem_map too small.

From: 韓家標 Bill Hacker <askbill_at_conducive.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:01:49 -0400
Ivan Voras wrote:
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
>
>> What I did was to rsync 200 FreeBSD src trees from one directory to
>> another on the same ZFS file system. It worked fine.
>
> It looks like most problems (including mine I sent you before) are when
> rsync (and possibly NFS?) are run over the network. How much kernel
> memory does a heavily loaded network stack (multiple parallel
> connections & TCP streams) consume? Just for the TCP send & receive
> buffers I'd guess at least something like 128K*number_of_connections.

Is this then hinting that ZFS testing is pointing to problems in the new stack?

rsync perhaps exonerated if local disk-to-disk doesn't show it. But what of ssh?

Does it happen with other-than-ZFS rsync use at comparable load?

Or on the older stack - with zfs or other load?

Not 'suggesting' - just questioning.

Bill