Re: ULE/yielding patch for testing.

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_chesapeake.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 01:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 11:10:21AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>>
>>    Your problem is most likely Flash/Javascript based (I'm basing my
>> theory on the fact that there's a lot of Ajax related stuff on the site).
>>
>>    No matter what OS you have, if a website's slow (and it's not
>> because you don't have OpenGL support in your X-server), slowness will
>> remain constant. It's just the way unfortunately that browsers are designed.
>>
> [...]
>
> Not really when the slowness does not exist with 6.X.

I have experienced certain websites causing firefox to slow down
considerably.  When I mouse over firefox the mouse begins to jerk as well
but when I move back away from firefox it seems fine again.  I suspected
it was an x/firefox bug.

Although I also sometimes observe mysql hanging for a period of a half
second or so while running sysbench.  I wonder if we don't have a
threading library bug?  I know I observed this prior to the thread_lock
work so hopefully I didn't break it.

Jeff