Re: [Patch] man page nsswitch(5) still references cached in -CURRENT

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 17:15:41 +0200
Quoting Stefan Eßer <se_at_FreeBSD.org> (Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:52:35 +0200):

> The renaming of cached to nscd has apparently not been tracked in all man
> pages. At least in the case of nsswitch(5), there are still references to
> cached and cached.conf. The attached patch fixes this. I did not search
> for other occurences of "cached" with much effort, but found at least one
> other reference in src.con(5). Both are fixed in the attached patch, which
> I'd like to commit (after re approval) to -CURRENT.
>
> BTW: There appear to be broken man page related entries in Obsoletefiles.inc
> (perhaps because of a line length limit in the case of the latter two files
> in the following list???):

Why do you think it is a length limit which is the cause of the
problems you see?

> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man5/cached.conf.5
> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man8/cached.8
> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man3/set_assertion_failure_callback.3.
> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man3/SSL_COMP_add_compression_method.3
>
> This should probably be fixed at the same time ...
>
> (I do not attach a patch, but in case of the obsolete files the fix is
> obviously to add the missing ".gz" extension to each line ...)

I can confirm that if the files are installed as XXX.gz, they have to
be listed as XXX.gz in ObsoleteFiles.inc.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
If you'd like to keep track of applications in the FreeBSD ports tree, take a
look at FreshPorts;

	http://www.freshports.org/
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137