Re: [Patch] man page nsswitch(5) still references cached in -CURRENT

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:55:33 +0200
Alexander Leidinger schrieb:
>> BTW: There appear to be broken man page related entries in Obsoletefiles.inc
>> (perhaps because of a line length limit in the case of the latter two files
>> in the following list???):
>
> Why do you think it is a length limit which is the cause of the
> problems you see?

Well, see the last two lines, 63 chars long, 10 for "OLD_FILES+=" and
53 chars for the file name. It may be that files were added to the list
by a cut&paste action and that some characters had wrapped around to
the next line and were forgotten. But it is not relevant, just strange.

>> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man5/cached.conf.5
>> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man8/cached.8
>> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man3/set_assertion_failure_callback.3.
>> OLD_FILES+=usr/share/man/man3/SSL_COMP_add_compression_method.3
[...]
> I can confirm that if the files are installed as XXX.gz, they have to
> be listed as XXX.gz in ObsoleteFiles.inc.

Yes, and the four lines above are the only ones that do not end in
".gz". I forgot to CC my mail to re_at_, but Michael Bushkov reviewed
it, found that I had replaced one instance of cached too many and
the corrected patch to re_at_ for approval ...

Regards, STefan