Re: cosmetics: bsdlabel fstype for ZFS partitions?

From: Craig Boston <cb_at_severious.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:42:51 -0500
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 09:38:25PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> I currently use "unused" here for the partition of the ZFS pool and
> everything works just fine, of coure. But it looks a little bit strange
> to me and this small cosmetic issue should be fixed IMHO.

I tend to abuse 'vinum' for this, and I suspect many use 4.2BSD just out
of paranoia of 'unused' being accidentally overwritten.

I also have ZFS on a few GPT-labeled disks and had a hard time deciding
what GUID to use.  I couldn't find a good reference for what Sun uses
for ZFS disks, so I ended up making up a bogus one under FreeBSD's
range.

516e7cba-6ecf-11d6-8ff8-00022d09712b

Craig