Re: Status of MySQL on 7 w/o patches applied

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:03:25 -0400
> > 1. remove WITNESS/INVARIANTS/etc from the kernel
> > 2. add WITHOUT_LIBKSE=yes to /etc/make.conf prior to building world
>
> This doesn't have performance implications.

Thanks Kris! I know that ffmpeg was 50-200% faster (depending on the
input/output) with libthr in RELENG_6_2, so I thought building without
LIBKSE might help. But I guess libthr is the default, so the above
doesn't much matter?

> Yes.  Also if you happen to have a /etc/malloc.conf symlinked to AJ as a
> leftover from a previous configuration, remove it.

Ok, thanks. I don't have a malloc.conf, so I'm all set there.

I'll stick to the other thread then regarding ULE vs. 4BSD performance
in RELENG_7 in my particular case. It must not be a debugging option
I'm missing that's causing 4BSD to perform faster than ULE for ffmpeg
it seems.

Thanks!
Josh