PCC and FreeBSD in the future?

From: Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <wearabnet_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
 Hello,

I just read this  In this interview, Theo de Raadt and Otto Moerbeek of the OpenBSD Project offer more information about PCC and GCC and where they are headed within the project.http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/369/

I need to quote these lines and ask how far is this true for FreeBSD, and since I read Robert Watson about the countibutes we have as GPL, and FreeBSD would like to replace it with non GPL license.

"What other hurdles remain in replacing GPL-licensed programs in OpenBSD?
TdR: But that's never really been the agenda, see. Some people think we hate GNU code. But the thing is we hate large code, and buggy code that upstream does not maintain. That's the real problem... gcc gets about 5-6% slower every release, has new bugs, generates crappy code, and drives us nuts. This is just an attempt to see if something better can show up."

---

Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri

Arab Portal