Re: Xen Status : FreeBSD-current as Dom/U.

From: Vincent Blondel <vincent_at_xtra-net.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:57:51 +0200 (CEST)
> Finally I am not sure to really understand what you explained above
> with virtualized and para-virtualized kernel. As I understand it, we get two ways to install a Dom/U system.
> System that's not Xen
> compatible but that can be installed through support for Intel VT ( e.g. Windows 2003 Server ). This runs
> with a hvm loader.

Try using that method to install FreeBSD.  That way, you don't need any
special domU kernel.

Freddie,

I am busy more than 2 hours to try installing FreeBSD as a HVM Dom/U machine but it does not work. It does
not even install. I tried all what I could amd64, i386, 7.0, 6.2 .... but always get the same problem. When
I look at the installation console I get thousands of lines with hexadecimal symbols on it.

Has somebody already some experience with running FreeBSD as a Dom/U with Dom/0 Linux box on a amd64 system.

Thanks to help me.