Re: Broken su in current - trying to fix myself, help needed!

From: Artem Kuchin <matrix_at_itlegion.ru>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:20:35 +0400
 Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:26:48PM +0400, Artem Kuchin wrote:
>> I have rerun all configs and  started jails - still works. Then i
>> remembered
>> that i have always run this script fro midnight commander.
>> Started mc
>> Pressed ENTER on this script and it got suspended.
>>
>>> Now i am lost, whose problem is this? su's or mc's? or both?
>> If i remove su from the script and run simply
>> system('echo heck');
>> from mc it work fine. With su it gets suspended.
>
> This bug (or another one with identical symptoms) affects the 'su'
> commands within the ports build system if you are using tcsh or zsh
> and maybe related to the gdb-with-tcsh problems that have been
> reported.  It appeared in -current in the middle of 2006.  The
> suggestions to date have been that there's something wrong with the
> signal handling in the kernel but you have opened a new line of
> attack.

Hmm. midnight commaner uses tcsh as his run shell, so i might related
to what you say. So, it also might be tcsh/zsh problem?

As for the kernel. i have read the sources of getpgid and all sorcess
for called syscalls. I think it comes down to p_cansee (cr_cansee). THis is just
a hunch. How can i print debug data from syscall to syslog or anywhere else, or
at least from getpgid? fprintf works? So i can save the output of p_cansee and
check what it returns. Don't lough - i have never worked with kernel sources
before.

--
Artem