Re: Broken su in current - trying to fix myself, help needed!

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 05:36:15 +1000
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:26:48PM +0400, Artem Kuchin wrote:
>I have rerun all configs and  started jails - still works. Then i
>remembered
>that i have always run this script fro midnight commander.
>Started mc
>Pressed ENTER on this script and it got suspended.
>
>Now i am lost, whose problem is this? su's or mc's? or both?
>If i remove su from the script and run simply
>system('echo heck');
>from mc it work fine. With su it gets suspended.

This bug (or another one with identical symptoms) affects the 'su'
commands within the ports build system if you are using tcsh or zsh
and maybe related to the gdb-with-tcsh problems that have been
reported.  It appeared in -current in the middle of 2006.  The
suggestions to date have been that there's something wrong with the
signal handling in the kernel but you have opened a new line of attack.

--
Peter