Re: Difficulties with samba usernames with spaces + patch

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:42:24 -0400
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:19:09PM +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> Mounting from the command line works either with correctly quoting the
> host, or using the -U switch, and correctly quoting the argument.
>
> mount_smbfs -U "Tom Evans" //RAZOR/it /mnt/it
> mount_smbfs "//TOM EVANS_at_RAZOR/IT" /mnt/it
>
> This clearly seems to be a limitation of fstab(5) (inability to quote
> arguments) and/or nsmb.conf(5) (inability to specify username). I am
> going to change one or the other to allow this to work; which would be
> preferable?

If you change fstab(5) to accept "quoted arguments", then you
would have to change getfsent() so that it can properly parse an
/etc/fstab with quoted arguments.  Then you would have to verify that
clients of getfsent() such as mount(8) and quotacheck(8) still worked.

If you could get that to work, that would be quite nice.
--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org