Re: Difficulties with samba usernames with spaces + patch

From: Simon Barner <barner_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:35:22 +0200
Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:19:09PM +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> > Mounting from the command line works either with correctly quoting the
> > host, or using the -U switch, and correctly quoting the argument.
> >
> > mount_smbfs -U "Tom Evans" //RAZOR/it /mnt/it
> > mount_smbfs "//TOM EVANS_at_RAZOR/IT" /mnt/it
> >
> > This clearly seems to be a limitation of fstab(5) (inability to quote
> > arguments) and/or nsmb.conf(5) (inability to specify username). I am
> > going to change one or the other to allow this to work; which would be
> > preferable?
>

> If you change fstab(5) to accept "quoted arguments", then you
> would have to change getfsent() so that it can properly parse an
> /etc/fstab with quoted arguments.  Then you would have to verify that
> clients of getfsent() such as mount(8) and quotacheck(8) still worked.
>
> If you could get that to work, that would be quite nice.

Please see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/55539
which contains such a patch for getfsent (using vis(3)). It could use
some testing though (I never tested it with quotacheck(8) for example).

Simon

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner_at_FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner_at_gmx.de