Re: twa driver needs updating

From: LI Xin <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:41:10 -0700
[Redirected to -current_at_, I think this is more suitable for -current_at_ or
-scsi_at_]

It seems that RELENG_7 carries a newer version of driver, so I guess the
problem should have been resolved.  Part of changes were MFC'ed 5 months
ago to RELENG_6, so you may also want to try a RELENG_6 snapshot from:

	http://www.freebsd.org/snapshots/

In order to verify if it resolves your problem.  Let us know if the
problem still persists.

ECEG / Daniel Duerr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pardon me if I seem ignorant here but I am new to the list and
> procedures of Freebsd...
>
> I've recently purchased a bunch of new supermicro servers with 3ware
> 9650 SATA RAID controllers in them.  The freebsd 6.2 install is
> painstaking because the driver source in Freebsd is not current with the
> latest twa driver source from 3Ware.  As a result, I have had to build
> custom install CD's with the driver on them so that I can manually load
> them in the boot loader.  It's a pain.  I don't know if the same issue
> exists in Freebsd 7 but some of us are not going to want to move our
> production environments to Freebsd 7 for a while...
>
> What is the procedure for getting the latest twa source patched into the
> Freebsd 6.2 source tree?  It's freely available from 3Ware here and
> takes all of 45 seconds to patch in:
> http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15003

Cheers,
--