Re: which version to install for next 2-3 years?

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:57:43 +0200 (CEST)
syle ishere <> wrote:
 > I have a coloed box, OS on their now is ancient redhat 9.0, was thinking
 > about new SMP support and mysql speed advancements in 7.0. I'd just hate to
 > install 6.2 on it right now and thats way it stays for next 2-3 years if 7.0
 > is stable enough to use right now.

FWIW, I updated a coloed box from 6-stable to 7-stable last
week (remotely with the usual buildworld dance).  No problems
so far.  More of such machines will follow.

Best regards
   Oliver

"The most important decision in [programming] language design
concerns what is to be left out."  --  Niklaus Wirth