Re: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" during 7.0-BETA1 installworld

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 14:08 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > 	So after a reboot, the base system is fine. But now ANYTHING
> > I have out of ports gives me the same error on anything. perl, startx,
> > etc. How do I fix all that (I can't "portupgrade -fa", ruby gives the
> > same errors)
> >
> you can, for example:
> cd /usr/ports/lang/ruby18/ ; make deinstall clean
> cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/  ; make deinstall clean
> cd /usr/ports/databases/db41/ ; make deinstall clean
> cd /usr/ports/databases/ruby-bdb/ ; make deinstall clean
> cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel/ ; make deinstall clean; make install clean
> portupgrade -vfa

	You GOTTA be kidding... Come on... I have over 300 packages
I loaded between installing the ISO/ftp-minimal and installworld.
It took 14 hours of building to get them all installed.

> (don't forget to replace portupgrade-devel with portupgrade in the
> example above, if you prefer to use the other one)

	No, I had portupgrade-devel, thanks. :}

> > 	My initial question is WHAT DID I DO WRONG?????
>
> No idea on my side, but it has something to do with the ISOs (and I'd
> expect you did nothing wrong). Before your post I thought only my
> snapshot was broken, possibly polluted with 8-current sources somehow,
> but you didn't use that one. And in past week, I've already upgraded
> some dozen of various 7-CURRENTs and 6.2s to 7-BETA1 and the only one
> broken was this one, installed from an ISO snapshot and then cvsupped to
> BETA1. All the others that were already deployed and running for some
> time, cvsupped and upgraded cleanly. The one freshly installed from ISO
> didn't.

	So is there something we need to do to get someones attention
so the rest of the universe doesn't have to do what we did? Does a pr
need to be filed? Is there another list we have to email?

		Thanks, Tuc