Re: Undefined symbol "__mb_sb_limit" during 7.0-BETA1 installworld

From: Michal Varga <varga.michal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:41:43 +0200
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 14:08 -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> 	So after a reboot, the base system is fine. But now ANYTHING
> I have out of ports gives me the same error on anything. perl, startx,
> etc. How do I fix all that (I can't "portupgrade -fa", ruby gives the
> same errors)

you can, for example:
cd /usr/ports/lang/ruby18/ ; make deinstall clean
cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/  ; make deinstall clean
cd /usr/ports/databases/db41/ ; make deinstall clean
cd /usr/ports/databases/ruby-bdb/ ; make deinstall clean
cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel/ ; make deinstall clean; make install clean
portupgrade -vfa

(don't forget to replace portupgrade-devel with portupgrade in the
example above, if you prefer to use the other one)

> 	My initial question is WHAT DID I DO WRONG?????

No idea on my side, but it has something to do with the ISOs (and I'd
expect you did nothing wrong). Before your post I thought only my
snapshot was broken, possibly polluted with 8-current sources somehow,
but you didn't use that one. And in past week, I've already upgraded
some dozen of various 7-CURRENTs and 6.2s to 7-BETA1 and the only one
broken was this one, installed from an ISO snapshot and then cvsupped to
BETA1. All the others that were already deployed and running for some
time, cvsupped and upgraded cleanly. The one freshly installed from ISO
didn't.

m.