Re: 7.0-BETA1.5 ISO/ftp

From: Erik Trulsson <ertr1013_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:16:17 +0200
On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 07:59:05PM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> >> Will csup work the exact same way, without having to do the pkg_add
> >>  steps? Is this what " a drop in replacement" means?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> LOL. Straight to the point. I like that.
>
> If I may try to expand your reply for the archives (and myself), I
> must assume that csup implies fastest_cvsup correct?

No. fastest_cvsup is a separate Perl script which is independent
from CVSup or csup.
If you want to use fastest_cvsup you will have to install it separately.

> Does csup at this point use my existing supfile(s) and just change the
> server on the fly?

csup is intended as a replacement for cvsup.  It should use the existing
supfiles and behave just like CVSup does - neither more nor less.
(Apart from a few less-often-used features of CVSup that are not
yet supported by csup, that is.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson