Re: 2nd nfe interface not showing up on Tyan S2895

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:44:52 +0900
On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 07:27:25PM +0100, Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm playing with RELENG_7 on a spare S2895 I have around and
 > have difficulties with the ethernet interfaces :
 >
 >  - nfe0 shows up and works OK under 1Gbps (at least for
 >    buildworlds etc over NFS) but under 100Mbps it says :
 >
 >     install kernel: nfe0: tx v2 error 0x6004
 >     install kernel: nfe0: tx v2 error 0x6204<UNDERFLOW>

Because developers don't know what exact meaning for Tx completion
status word would be(Only NVIDIA knows that) nfe(4) just shows the
possible error candidate. If you see the code you may notice no error
recovery is attempted for the case.
So I guess you can also ignore it unless the message contiously is
printed on youe console while network activity is in progress.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon