Re: New if_zyd driver

From: Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:34:21 +0900
On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 04:14:22PM +0200, Ted Lindgreen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to report success with new zyd driver, and to thank the
> author for his work.
>
> I had tried the diff that was published previously. With ifconfig,
> the device associated with the access-point, but no traffic was
> possible. With the files now included in CVS, the device works!
>
> However, the stick needs to be inserted after booting up. Then I can
> also remove the stick without ill effects (for logmessages see below).
>
> When the stick is present during boot, the log shows:
>  Aug 30 15:25:17 lapje kernel: zyd0: <ZyDAS USB2.0 WLAN, class 255/255, rev 2.00/48.10, addr 2> on uhub4
>  Aug 30 15:25:17 lapje kernel: zyd0: setting config no failed
> and there are 2 problems:
> 1. "ifconfig -a" shows no zyd0 device.
> 2. when the stick is removed, the laptop panics (page fault)

This panic is caused by a zyd driver bug and would be fixed by a patch
that just prevents a panic.  The patch is attached with this email.

After testing why the stick can't be initialized during booting up, I
can see that this condition only appears when I reboot my FreeBSD, not
power on.  It was loaded successfully whenever I power on.   I think
this problem is caused by the problem of the usb stick hardware reset
and take some time to fix though I am looking at the code.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Weongyo Jeong