Re: USB keyboard status indicators not working

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:29:19 +0100
Sam Banks wrote:
> Out of interest, what USB host controller are each of you
> running? UHCI or OHCI?
>
> Sam.

I tried connecting the same keyboard to my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop,
with similar results.  Interestingly the built-in keyboard indicator
lights on the laptop changed and worked as expected when I pressed the
keys on the USB keyboard, but the ones on the USB keyboard didn't - the
caps lock button came on once and then none of the lights changed after
that.

usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb0
usb5: companion controllers, 2 ports each: usb0 usb1 usb2 usb3 usb4

ukbd0: <Dell Dell USB Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/3.01, addr 2> on uhub0
kbd2 at ukbd0

--
Bruce Cran