Re: Xorg 7.3 problem on amd64

From: Eric Anholt <eric_at_anholt.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:25:06 -0700
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 20:01 +0400, S.N.Grigoriev wrote:
> Hi, list,
>
> I've upgraded to Xorg 7.3 my CURRENT amd64 machine (both source and port trees
> are fresh). All programs work correctly except for X session terminations.
> Every time I try to finish the current X session, the X server crashes with
> core dump (irrespective of how sessions were started with startx or xdm).
> Upgrades of X on 6.2 i386 machines do not introduce this problem.
> Does anybody know how this can be fixed?

This is usually driver-specific, sometimes chipset specific.  You should
attach GDB to the X Server from a remote machine and try to reproduce
it, and post a backtrace.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt_at_FreeBSD.org
eric_at_anholt.net                         eric.anholt_at_intel.com