Parallel port printing crashes 7.0 system

From: P.U.Kruppa <ulrich_at_pukruppa.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 05:28:48 +0200 (CEST)
Hello,

I use a HP Deskjet 990 Cxi via parallel port with cups and hpijs
driver on

FreeBSD pukruppa.net 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Sep
21 16:52:59 CEST 2007 amd64

When I try to print a little bit more complex documents
(OpenOffice, pdf) my System will crash.

On my root terminal there will be a long list of
lpt0: [ITHREAD]
lpt0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
lpt0: [ITHREAD]
[...]
lines, then some dumping activity and a reboot.

I upgraded to 7.0 last week, so all I can say is: everything was
fine with 6.2 .

Please tell me if you need more information.

Peter Ulrich Kruppa
Wuppertal
Germany