Re: iwi oddities

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:13:22 -0500
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 08:13:53PM -0400, Nathan Lay wrote:
>  Hi list,
>  With these rc.conf flags
>
>  ifconfig_iwi0="powersave wme -bgscan"
>
>  iwi decides to bring itself up on boot.  iwi in 6.2 never brought itself
>  unless 'up' was explicitly specified.  Though, my 6.2 rc.conf settings are
>  more along the lines of
>
>  ifconfig_iwi0="wme bmiss 100"

I'm can't speak to why that particular combination causes the interface
to be set up, but if you specifically don't want the device to be touched
until you manually run /etc/rc.d/netif (or something similar) on it add
the NOAUTO keyword to the line and the interface will be ignored on
boot.  It was specifically intended to allow onboard wireless devices to be
configured in /etc/rc.conf, but not start until an external trigger occurs.

-- Brooks