Re: HEADS UP: [cvs commit: src UPDATING src/share/man/man4 pci.4 src/share/man/man9 pci.9 src/sys/amd64/include legacyvar.h src/sys/amd64/amd64 legacy.c src/sys/amd64/pci pci_bus.c src/sys/arm/xscale/i80321 i80321_pci.c src/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425 ...

From: Michael Butler <imb_at_protected-networks.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:02:42 -0400
Marius Strobl wrote:
> As mentioned in UPDATING the change below requires the hal port
> to be recompiled in order to continue to work. On !386 you
> additionally need to update to xorg-server-1.4_1,1.
> Regarding common ports affected by the introduction of support
> for PCI domains these two ports should be it.
> Other consumers of <sys/pciio.h> potentially also need to be
> recompiled and adjusted, f.e. sjog needs to be recompiled but
> should need no changes. Generally, if a port uses pc_bus it
> also needs to deal with pc_domain now.

This breaks [ls|set]pci even when recompiled.

It also breaks my ability to use an /etc/rc.early containing ..

	pciconf -wb pci0:30:0 0x1a 8

 .. which is required to allow any cardbus devices, e.g. Netgear WG511T,
to work. The problem is that we don't (and nor does the BIOS) properly
set the subordinate bus of the parent PCI-PCI bridge and the above
command sets it 'manually'.

Where it would previously succeed, I now get ..

toshi# pciconf -wb pci0:30:0 0x1a 8
pciconf: ioctl(PCIOCWRITE): Operation not supported by device

	Michael