Re: [freebsd-current] re: fsck_4.2bsd: cannot alloc 4294967292 bytes for inoinfo

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

>  > valhalla# fsck -y /dev/da0s1d
>  > ** /dev/da0s1d
>  > ** Last Mounted on /data2
>  > ** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
>  > fsck_4.2bsd: cannot alloc 4294967292 bytes for inoinfo
>
> Hi,
>
> a similar problems
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/151686.html
> (with patch)

Hi,

	Thanks, didn't see those links when I originally googled the issue.

	Most of the replies talk about corruption. The problem is that I
formatted this on a 5.5 system fine, bring it over to this Soekris 7.0 system
and it immediately complains about the fsck. Even if we say that fsck has an issue,
not the drive... As soon as I mount the drive and try to create filesystems on it
I get a kernel panic (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=122380)

	I even brought a 7.0 system up elsewhere, formatted it there, and mounted
it on the Soekris system, and as soon as I start to use it it panics. In the middle
of all that I have put it under Windows and stressed it with no problems, and on
the 5.5 system with no problems. It seems to be something I can only reproduce on
the Soekris. :-/ (And its got more memory than my laptop I installed 7.0 on, and
the laptop FSCKs fine)

		Thanks, Tuc