Reproducable Kernel HARD lockup

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 00:24:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

	LONG LONG LONG story made short.

	Running Soekris 4801-60 previously on 5.5 . Would lock up
every so often, then more often, then finally constantly. Shipped
back to vendor, replaced, all good. Months later started to lock
every few weeks, then every few hours. Replace CF with hard drive,
locks in 10 minutes, etc.

	Load OpenBSD on disk. Runs for days with no problem.
Decide I don't like OpenBSD ports system so decide to go FreeBSD
7. Glitch with memory stick, but otherwise system seems to run
fine. Start SETI, system locks HARD. I have it set to be able
to break to debugger with CR ~ ^b, but that just doesn't happen.
(Previously tested it would in single user when system running
fine).

	Is there any way to debug a kernel lockup if you CAN'T
break to debugger??

		Thanks, Tuc