Re: Reproducable Kernel HARD lockup

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml_at_t-b-o-h.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:09:48 -0400 (EDT)

> > > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > 	Unfortunately, not that I can see.
> >
> > 	Kernel already had :
> >
> > options         KDB
> > options         KDB_TRACE
> > options         KDB_UNATTENDED
> > options         DDB
> > #break on sequence CR ~ ^b
> > options         ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
> >
> > 	And I couldn't break to the debugger for love nor money
> > once it happens. I also can't remote debug due to my 7.0 system not
> > having a serial port.
> >
> > 			Thanks, Tuc
>
> Do you have a firewire port?
> See http://www.lemis.com/grog/Papers/Debug-tutorial/tutorial.pdf for
> an explanation on how to setup firewire debugging.

	No, sorry. I have 7 ethernet, 2 serial, CF, IDE and USB
on the device dying. I have 1 ethernet, 1 modem, 2 USB, 2 PCMCIA,
parallel port on my other 7.0 system (OLD Toshiba Laptop).
I'm also a little limited by supplies. I'm 9 miles off paved road
on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Supplies aren't scheduled to be
brought in to me until the 12th. Its an 11 mile walk to my car.
Great view though. :-/

			Tuc