Re: werase patch for src/contrib/top

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:26:56 +0300
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:55:45 +0200, Jille <jille_at_quis.cx> wrote:
> Ed Schouten schreef:
> | * Jille Timmermans <jille_at_quis.cx> wrote:
> |> I've patched top (in src/contrib) to accept ^W in line editing mode (eg
> |> when killing a process (hit 'k'))
> |>
> |> The patch is attached, and I hope mailman won't eat it, or else:
> |> http://junk.quis.cx/NbVJSKxn/top-werase-patch.diff
> |> there it is :)
> |> I took the RELENG_6 version, and editted that one.
> |
> | Apart from some style(9) issues, it looks great. Unfortunately the
> | top(8) source code is not maintained by FreeBSD. Its website seems to be

Hi Ed,

The original contrib/top source doesn't really follow style(9); it has a
style of its own, so some of the changes look `good enough'.  Can you
describe what you didn't like, so we can fix it before it's committed?

> Hello Ed,
> After an hour of reading style(9), I've fixed my patch, thanks for
> pointing out.  Unixtop seems to be on SourceForge now, so I will
> submit it to their patch-tracker.

It would be nice if we also committed something similar to our top,
since many top sources in src/contrib/top are already *off* the vendor
branch anyway :-)