Re: IP bad-len 0 ( on em0 )

From: Jack Vogel <jfvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:59:04 -0700
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Nikolay Pavlov <qpadla_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 March 2008 01:35:43 Steven Hartland wrote:
>  > Did you ever get anywhere with this? Did Jack respond?
>
>  Nope. I've disabled tso.

I've looked into this a little, and then got interrupted with other issues. The
reason the thing is zero'ed is because the hardware is going to repacketize
this big wad that its been handled, it should be making new headers that
appear in the packets on the wire. So its not  yet clear to me what the
real brokenness is, you are actually SUPPOSED to zero that value and
csum according to documentation, but the rewritten headers should have
correct len's in them, so the question is why in some cases they do not.

I have a test case but it actually involves the advanced code (now in igb).

If someone has a simple reproducible set of steps I would appreciate it.

Jack