Re: problems with atapicam/atapicd on current

From: Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:56:23 +0200
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Diego Depaoli <trebestie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/16, Thomas Quinot <thomas_at_freebsd.org>:
>
> > * Diego Depaoli, 2008-04-16 :
>  >
>  >
>  >  > Panic loading atapicam at boot, halt k-loading it and, very weird
>  >  > issue, pressing dvd's eject button (obviously without atapicam).
>  >
>  >
>  > Can you provide a backtrace of the panic?
>  Unfortunately no, and I cannot figure out (magic mismatch on last dump
>  header on /dev/ad4s4b ??? how can I fix that?), but I took some hand
>  note.

>  Panic [...]
>  Stopped at bus_dmamap_load 0xd5
>  Movl PTMap(,%eax,4),%edx
>
>  Without loading atapicam trying startx or sade I get
>
>  panic: too many dma entries
>  kdb_enter
>  panic
>  ata_ahci_dmasetprd
>  bus_dmamap_load
>  ata_dmaload
>  ata_ahci_begin_transaction
>  ata_start
>  ata_completed
>  g_io_schedule
>  g_up_procbody
>  fork_exit
>  fork_trampoline
>
>  During boot and fsck I get some lors.
>
>  Sorry for the approximate debug, I hope this helps anyway.
>
>  Regards
>
>  --
>  Diego Depaoli

Just a "me too", so you (and I) know I'm not alone. I haven't tested
the absolute latest ata code though. I get it during an installworld,
which is a bit unfortunate.
The whole transcribtion (hand made) is somewhere in cvs-src archives.
It's probably exactly the same backtrace.
I know this doesn't help much, but still...
And also, have you tried the latest code, does it work?
Regards!
//Niclas