Re: Reminder: non-mpsafetty drivers to be connected on Sunday

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:53:18 +0000
In message <20080801124845.GZ1359_at_server.vk2pj.dyndns.org>, Peter Jeremy writes
:
>On 2008-Aug-01 13:40:53 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:
>>One of the most important things I forgot to mention: I've attached the
>>patch I'm going to commit. Comments on the patch are very welcome!
>
>This patch just disconnects the majority of the serial drivers from
>the build.  Whilst I support the aim of making the TTY subsystem
>MPSAFE, as I've previously stated, IMO, just disconnecting everything
>is not the way forward.

I got a syntax error on this email Peter, didn't you mean to write:

"Great work Ed, let me send you some patches"

A MPSAFE tty subsystem is infinitely more important than any particular
non-console tty driver.

If FreeBSD should have digi(4) support in the future somebody should
spend some quality with the driver, instead of stopping Ed from
making much necessary progress.