Re: Reminder: non-mpsafetty drivers to be connected on Sunday

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 23:26:24 +1000
On 2008-Aug-01 12:53:18 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>I got a syntax error on this email Peter, didn't you mean to write:
>
>"Great work Ed, let me send you some patches"

I would love to be able to send some patches.  In order to do so, I
need some information about how to interface with the MPSAFE TTY
subsystem and how to adapt an existing driver.  I am not the only
person to have indicated a need for some hand-holding and I was under
the impression that Ed would provide this but, to date, all I have is
suggestions to look at patched drivers.

>A MPSAFE tty subsystem is infinitely more important than any particular
>non-console tty driver.

OTOH, a piece of middle-ware that doesn't work with the underlying
hardware drivers makes that hardware useless.  MPSAFE is probably more
important than any particular non-console driver but Ed is talking
about disconnecting almost every non-console TTY driver.

--
Peter Jeremy