Re: Limiting icmp unreach response fron 348 to 200 packets/sec

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:23:21 -0700
Erol Akarsu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for helping this.
>
> Now, I am getting "Limiting icmp unreach response fron 348 to 200 packets/sec"
>
> In which conditions can we get this? does this effect functionality of the system?
> How can I solve this issue?

It means something in your network is not working well and the
system is being tempted to send lots of ICMP packets in complaint,
but it is only sending200 complaints per second because it has been
told to limit itself to that number.

Using tcpdump to see what ICMP packets ARE being sent would be a good
place ot start.
Also FreeBSD has a good set of man pages unlike many Linux
distributions. So try the man pages and google when you hit a problem..
e.g. man -k icmp will give you a list of man pages that hace something
to do with icmp
man -k sysctl

man 1 intro
man 2 intro